Hi newbie with live rock/sand questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chris669

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi
I had a marine set up about 15yrs ago.
Im buying a 2nd hand aqua one evo 100 180L
Im buying the tank 8hr drive from my house but i have a removalist collecting it for me as he is going there anyway.
I will be on holiday so the tank wont be set up for 3 weeks.
Live rock and sand are currently running in the tank but theres no way for the tank to get set up to keep them alive.
Should i keep some of the rock and sand and buy a few pieces of live rock when i get it set up?
Whats my options on using this rock as live rock at any time
Thanks chris

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Give the guy a tote to seal the live rock in while traveling. Get it home, throw in a heater and power heads, then you can just throw it in the tank when you get back with no issues.
Don't worry about the sand, as your going to really give it a good rinsing out before you use it.

Im on holiday for 3weeks so i cant do much with it
My friend wouldn't go to the hassle of setting up stuck for rock
He would say im crazy
Dam

Think i might be able to get him to do it;)
Could it be ok in a bucket with powerhead and heater for 3weeks?

If rock is dried for 3weeks or in a bucket of water with no filter and heater can it be cured and become live rock again?

Ahh thats good i have a lot of live rock in a bucket and didn't want it to die of and just become normal rock

Its not !!
The guy i bought it off turned the tank off 2months ago
Live rock was still in the tank with water now its in a bucket with no heater or powerhead!

Then I would want to provide an ammonia source, I like using a cocktail shrimp in some panty hose, to build the population of bacteria so you can have your nitrate cycle.

Back
Top Bottom