Hi ppl, need some info

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

2pac.biggie

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi ppl, im new to marine tanks iv had fresh water tank befor and now iv gone marine which look wayy betta den fresh water tank lol

its been a month now that my tank has been cycled wiv 2 clown fishes. My brother now getting a marine tank and im going to gov my clowns to him while its goin through its cycle. Im thinking of gettin 2 maroon clown fishes now. I no that dey aggresive den other clowns and everything and i really want a challange lol but iv heard that pairing 2 maroon clowns is hard and been told 2 diffrent wayz in pairing them.

I just want to no now is what is the best way in pairing them coz wat i did with my other 2 clowns was just put both clowns in the tank at the same tym and dey paired up more aless

So wat is the best way in pairing 2 marron clown fishes??? Thank you

Just throw an uncooked shrimp into the tank to cycle it. At most it costs a dollar and you won't shorten the lifespan of your fish by burning their gills with ammonia and nitrite.

Oh kool will dat cycle my brothers tank str8 away or am i waiting 4 abit or sumat. And with regards to getting 2 maroon clown fishes wat is the best way to pair dem???

2pac.biggie said:
Oh kool will dat cycle my brothers tank str8 away or am i waiting 4 abit or sumat. And with regards to getting 2 maroon clown fishes wat is the best way to pair dem???

I'm sorry- but it's hard to read your posts. Could you use correct spelling so it isn't hard to decipher your posts?

Tossing in a shrimp will begin the cycle. You will have to test the water for ammonia, nitrites, and nitrates. Once you get 0 ammonia, 0 nitrites and the nitrate test shows a result between 5 and 40 you do a big water change and you're ready for fish. That's called fishless cycling. Fish in cycling is different. You would probably have to do daily water changes to keep the ammonia and nitrites from killing your fish.

Oh cool thank you il do that :) what about pairing maroon clown fishes? What is the best way to pair them up?

Best way i have found is make sure one is at least twice as large as the other make a hiding place for the smallest one that the larger cant get into (pile of rocks works) introduce the smaller first 2-3 days later add the other be sure you have a lid or the small one may jump out,it will take a while for them to pair up so be sure the smaller is eating. good luck.

Oh kool thanks iv read up about pairing them aswel and alot of people have done it the way you just told me now so i will go buy my 1st maroon fish tomorrow :)

Iv read aswel that if i buy 2 maroon clown fishes at the same time but from diffrent fish shops they might pair up when i 1st introduce them to the tank. Is that true or is that a bad idea

I dont think it would make a difference as they most likely came from the same wholesaler just be sure the second is the larger you want the first (smaller) to have a place to hide so he needs time to learn the tank

Cool thanks for the advise :) so do u think i should try getting 2 maroon clown fishes i bigger then the other and put them into the tank at the same time? What il do is put the smaller 1 in 1st then after an hour il put the bigger 1 in :) what you think?

The smaller one will need a day or two to find the safe house's if you plunk two in at the same time the larger will kill the runt.(mean fish) Try to find one around 1 inch and the other around 2-3 inches leave the lights off for the first day after adding the second fish this will help to ease things.

Oh ok thank you very much i just got my 1st maroon fish its around 1inch but i think il have to get the 2nd fish after a month coz i cant find a maroon fish thats bigger or smaller then that lol

Back
Top Bottom