High nitrates,

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Leeh24

Aquarium Advice Regular
His may sound like a silly question but it may be the solution to what's been causing my high nitrates.
I have just been to local fish store to buy some r/o do I could a partial water change in my tank.
I thought I would try testing before I did and before I had even finished dropping the 2nd bottle in it was turning red.
I waited 5 mins and nitrates are well over 100.
So my question is should r/o water be nitrate free ??
Lee

I would take it back n have them test it too. They shouldnt be any in the water.

The api test kits also expire and can give false readings if used past their intended date.

I was buying ro/di water from my LFS until I tested it too. it had phosphates and nitrates in it so I immediately stopped buying their water and I spent the $66 on my own unit. LOL

Ro/di should be pure water with nothing reading on any of your tests. No ammonia, trites or trates AT ALL!. :)

My api test kit is only a month old. I went to another store and he was great tested his water in front of me and low and behold yellow and no red. I got some from them. When I got back I tested that water just to ensure my kit was ok and I was doing test correct.
And guess what yellow.. I won't go back to the original store Now.

Back
Top Bottom