Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-07-2005, 07:56 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Activist

my question doesnt pertain to my main display tank in any way. It has to do with the 40g QT tank for my fish that now have ich. The maturity of my tank is not in question. Why is everyone dodging my question ? What does how fast i stocked my 150 gallon aquarium have to do with high nitrites in a 40 gallon QT tank ? absoultly nothing. Thank you for nothing.

Old 07-08-2005, 10:28 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Newbie

ive got a question....why dont you just treat the whole tank if that where to happen before you get the qt tank set up right......if your worried about the other fish having it......im new at this too..thought it might help me in the future....and ive had the same problem with people not giving me advice with what i was looking for instead getting mad at me for other stuff........ :P

Old 07-08-2005, 10:42 AM   #13
AA Team Emeritus

Quote:
Why is everyone dodging my question ? What does how fast i stocked my 150 gallon aquarium have to do with high nitrites in a 40 gallon QT tank ? absoultly nothing. Thank you for nothing.
Didja ever think that folks are seriously trying to help you and may have misinterpreted a post or two - like that our QT is now empty awaiting lowere nitrates? Therefore not dodging your question? Just maybe.

In my opinion, you should either try to be a little more understanding or use another forum where folks usually insult each other more freely.

"Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we are here we might as well dance!"

austinsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 10:51 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

How fast you stocked your display tank has to do with why your fish have ICH IMO.
No one is dodging the question, the tank is not cycled and will not be any time soon, so if you plan on putting those fish in there now you will have to do many water changes to keep things in check. Not sure what answer your looking for.
And adding that many fish to a 40 and housing them for 30++ days will be tricky to keep them all alive and healthy.
Seeing you have that attitude, tells me you know you rushed things...
All were trying to do is help and point out what might have went wrong so you and others don't repeat it.
So in case you missed it... The 40 is not cycled, there is no quick way to fix the problem because every cycle is different. So if your looking to get the fish out of the 150 fast your going to have to do many water changes.. Unless you wnat to buy some cured LR that may help speed things up.. But the LR will not be any good after if you use copper to treat the sick fish.

TANK PICS http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?t=98202
seaham358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 12:18 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Activist

To answer someones earlier question; i cannot treat the main tank as it has alot of inverts and coral in it as well, copper or hyposalinity would kill them.

The nitrites dropped enough for me to be comfortable putting my fish in it. It was either do it last night or watch them die. i put them in the QT treated with cupramine. Already looking better. The main tank got ich because i didnt QT the powder blue. I had started this thread with that fact, and had admit that i should have QT the fish. That should be the end of the stocking thing. ive learned my lesson. Dont put any fish in a main tank unless in QT for atleast 3 weeks.

How did i insult anyone ? I mearly had a disagreement with the answers i was given. No harm done. If you got you feelers hurt over an internet forum, im sorry.
Old 07-08-2005, 12:23 PM   #16
AA Team Emeritus

Quote:
ive learned my lesson. Dont put any fish in a main tank unless in QT for atleast 3 weeks.
Kudos!

Quote:
I mearly had a disagreement with the answers i was given.
I seem to remember an accusation of dodging your question. And a "thanks for nothing" response. Yes, this is only an internet forum, but if you check around the site a bit, you'll find that folks are a lot more polite - even when someone misunderstands a question and answers incorrectly.

Still, kudos for learning the QT lesson and advising others to heed also.

Good luck.

"Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we are here we might as well dance!"

austinsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 02:08 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Newbie

ok gotcha...........didnt now you had all that other stuff...even thow i thought there was medications that you could us with inverts ...but im not sure about coral....got it know thank you ill keep that in mind for future reference...and im glad to hear there doing better...best of luck to you

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com