Hippo tang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Emelinda76

Aquarium Advice Freak
What to feed a mature blue tang ? I've had it three weeks n it has not really eaten ? I don't want it to die

they like to pick on algae on the rocks and stuff.

they don't eat meaty foods only greens so look into some seaweed sheets or frozen food for herbivores

they like to pick on algae on the rocks and stuff.

they don't eat meaty foods only greens so look into some seaweed sheets or frozen food for herbivores
Tangs will eat some meaty foods,and i think they can only benefit from some...
Try scallops and krill..also spinach,peas,zucchini,carrots and nori.Also get some formula 2 frozen cubes and mega marine algae cubes.
I would stop the brine

I just thought of live brine as a good way to entice a fish to eat. I wouldn't recommend using it long-term though. My kole tang eats mysis and pellets when I feed the tank, but he mainly eats the seaweed/extra caulerpa from the fuge I give him.

Mine absolutely loves the Purple seaweed sheets (Two little fishies, Julian Sprungs). When I put it on a clip into the tank he goes crazy. I found mine at Petco.

Felix T Cat said:
Mine absolutely loves the Purple seaweed sheets (Two little fishies, Julian Sprungs). When I put it on a clip into the tank he goes crazy. I found mine at Petco.

This is about the only one I haven't tried from all the above mentioned...
I'll try it.

Thanks for all the advice.. All

If you happen to find yourself into SE PA (19335) I will give you a few sheets of what I have. My blue hippo (tiny) and Yellow Tang (med) go absolutely crazy when I put the clip into the tank.

Back
Top Bottom