Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 10-07-2009, 07:43 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict
Originally Posted by goisles1 View Post
That's what eventually plan on doing when I get my Sump/Fude reloacted down to the basement/laundry room.

So, I assume you have a holding vessel, like a 55gal Drum where you store your waste water? If so, how do you get it from the Drum to the Washer?
The RO/DI unit is next to the laundry Sink next to the washing machine. I hook up the unit, I use the hosebib attachment,(red line) I then run the Black...(Waste line) directly into the washing machine. The BLUE, (ro/di water) into my container to use as topoff water and PWC water. I use a five gallon bucket(homeDepot) in the 5g bucket I put a one gallon jug and fill that with water. If I'm a little late the water fills into the 5g so there is no waste. I could hookup an auto shut off.....but why....it's a HOBBY. When I need to wash cloths the water is already in the machine and ready to go...This was recommended to my by Lisa from Fantasy Reef forum a while back...Thanks Lisa.....

Happy Reefing,
thincat is offline   Reply With Quote

ro/di, unit

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com