HMMMM homemade reef food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i think it's a flavor matter cmor. there is no hazard refreezing meats and fish except from a bacteria standpoint.

Thats the reason I made it freeze thin. That way, I'd never have to thaw and refreeze anything. Just used/fed the piece I was able to pinch off.

I'm going to make my own as well and was curious about how much garlic and vitamin to add? I have vita Chem because my LFS doesn't have selcon.

Hard to say. It'd be based on the amount of food you're making to absorb the garlic and vitamin with. Don't worry about using too much.

I made my first batch of homemade stuff 2 days ago. Everybody seemed to love it. They went crazy for it. The tang was after the nori like crazy :)

I used (approx.)
10 fresh uncooked shrimp
10 mussels
1 cup of scallops
1/2 fillet of cod
4 sheets of nori
1/3 cup of broccoli stems (I ate the florettes)
1/2 dozen fresh then frozen spinach leaves
1/2 tsp of oil from a jar of organic minced garlic
Enough RO water to thin it.
Blended it in a food processer. Filled a ziplock baggy about 1/4 inch think and froze it. Easy to make. Cheap. I'm going to eat the leaftover ingredients

Last edited by a moderator:
Next time use garlic guard and zoe for the liquid thinner. PS - I edited your post. You'll notice. Thanks in advance for understanding. :)

Made my own yesterday with Shrimp, oysters, clams, talapia, krill, mysis, cyclopeeze, nori, garlic guard and vita chem.

Smells good lol

The fish LOVE it! And I feel good about it because I know what's in it.

Back
Top Bottom