Hob filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Needles15

Aquarium Advice Activist
Do I need the media in my Hob filter!? If so what parts!? I have an aqua clear

You can run the carbon and filter pad block. :) You also can add gfo or anything else later down the line

You can run the carbon and filter pad block. :) You also can add gfo or anything else later down the line

Thank you Carey! And this may be a dumb question but what's gfo? And is the filter pad the spongey looking thing?

The sponge thing yep that goes on the bottom. You will have to rinse it in used tank water when you do water changes to keep out the debris that will raise your nitrates. GFO= granular ferric oxide. It is used to soak up phosphates which cause and fuel algae. You can run some chemipure elite in your AC filter basket. It's carbon and gfo.

The sponge thing yep that goes on the bottom. You will have to rinse it in used tank water when you do water changes to keep out the debris that will raise your nitrates. GFO= granular ferric oxide. It is used to soak up phosphates which cause and fuel algae. You can run some chemipure elite in your AC filter basket. It's carbon and gfo.

Awesome! Thanks for your help! Me and my reef appreciate it!

Back
Top Bottom