Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-22-2008, 12:32 PM   #11
AA Team Emeritus

Yea, 82 is ok, but 88 is too much. Have you tried running a fan or two? One 7" fan set on low blowing across the top of my 125 keeps the temp at 78-79 with my lights on. The house is air conditioned though so I'm not sure if it would remain that low with just the windows open.

cmor1701d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 02:04 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

I ran a fan last night and got the temps back down to 82. I am going to put in a 1gal. bottle of frozen r/o in around noon and see if that keeps it within reason.
My cow fish and my starfish are the only ones that seem to be affected. The starfish is eating, the cow is not.
I know it sounds bad, but my cow fish is not worth buying a $700 chiller. If all goes well with fans and ice, this should no longer be a problem. And I can try again with another cow after our weather cools if he doesn't make it.
Thanks for the tips.

Old 06-22-2008, 03:36 PM   #13
SW REEF 18+ YEARS
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award

Nothing wrong with 82. The key to temp. is stability. Whether your tank is 77 or 83 if it stays the same all day long than it`s a good thing. You should not have your temp moving more than 1 or 2 degrees.

SITE ADMINISTRATOR

You can view many of my fish and corals in my photo albums in my profile.

View my tank

AA Community Rules|AA TOS

Forums 101 - posting, accounts, basics
melosu58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 05:10 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Yeah, it's stable at 82. Like I said in the original post, it's only a problem about two weeks a year. That was the deciding factor to keeping it that warm. It keeps the change far less severe when it gets this hot. The fan did get the temp back down to 82 overnight, and I am gonna drop the frozen bottle in there now (it's noon) and I think I should be good. The heat has started to break today, so I think I am through the worst for a few days.

Tags
eat

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com