how bad will itsmell?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Be aware that you'll "be aware", but it isn't gasmask time. It's certainly doable, especially when placed in a display tank rather than a curing container. It wasn't very noticable for me.

well the tank will be set up in ourfamily room in the basement....justdon't want the LR to stink up the whole house.

The smell is gonna depends of the amount of die off. Hard to say what might might happen for LR in a general sense. I closed my return vents in the basement and kept the door to the upstairs closed.

You could also run some GAC. That will remove the smell and discoloration that will occur as dieoff progesses.

yes I have a skimmer and plan to put some charcoal in my 1st set of baffles....that should help right?

It depends on the quality of the rock you get. If it arrives to you with minimum die off, it won't smell much at all. If you are already running the system and your filter has some existing bacteria built up, it will handle the new load much quicker.

Back
Top Bottom