Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-24-2004, 01:55 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to XXFirefighter Send a message via Yahoo to XXFirefighter
Quote:
Originally Posted by revhtree
Probably just a cheap timer form wally world. You can get a digital for around $14 or the other non-digital for around $6.
can't set the el cheapos to go on and off every 10 min though
I use the el cheapos for my lights and my 2 maxijet 1200 run 24 7

Old 09-24-2004, 07:49 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice FINatic

XXFirefighter, do you like the 1200's? I was thinking of getting two Maxi-Jet 900's for my 55gal, but I sure would hate to want more later! (the story of my life...)

boardsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 03:58 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Boardsurfer,
What setup for Maxijets did you decide to go with and did you get a timer for them or run the 24/7?
Old 10-14-2004, 04:08 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to RocketSeason
you can't set the timer options to what you need it to be with cheap wal-mart timers.
check out coralife's powerstrip/timer combo. You can set your lights on a timer or your Powerheadsl so that awsome wave action can be easily achived.

here you go: http://secure.microbyte.net/virtual/...re/detail.cfm?ID=CL01690&storeid=1

you will have to copy and paste because the stupid acronym feature won't go away.
Hardware: 37 gallon SW tank and stand by Oceanic Systems, Magnum 350 Pro Canister Filter (half carbon), CPR Bak Pak 2R skimmer, Maxijet 1200 Powerhead, RenaCal 150 W heater, Compact fluorescent lights with moonlights. 40 lbs of liverock, 3" sand bed.

Software:2 Tank-Raised Ocellaris Clowns, 1 Purple Firefish, 1 Electric Orange hermit crab, 18 Blue Legged hermit crabs, 8 or so Nassarius snails, Xenia, Blue, green, and Green Striped Mushrooms.

Click here to vote for AquariumAdvice.com: The friendliest, fishiest place on the net!

Central Illinois Marane Aquarist (CIMA) member.
RocketSeason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 04:13 PM   #15
AA Team Emeritus

Also check out the Red Sea Wavemaster pro. Creates random alternating currents for up to 3 PHs, has a nite time (8hr) calm period, and a feeding cycle when all three shut down for 10 minutes or so. Got options for reef and fish to set. My corals seem to have reacted well to the random flows.

About $130 brought and shipped.

"Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we are here we might as well dance!"

austinsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 11:57 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice FINatic

tomas21: Still haven't gotten the PH's yet, but I'm going with the two MaxiJet 1200's on 24/7.

boardsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flow, powerhead

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com