How do i get rid of dust cloud?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

slitherbomb

Aquarium Advice Addict
Any suggestions? It has a HOB filter only. Should I keep it on? Also, I have 2 power heads? Should they be on? Anyway to do this quickly? Thanks.

You should be able to get it at any pet store or your LFS.

If you have a sponge in your filter that'll do fine

If you want to save some money you could buy a large bag of polyfil (instead of floss) from a fabric or hobby store for about six bucks. Fairfield is the brand I use, no additives in it. Just shove a chunk in the filter and change every two weeks or so, it will last you a long time.

Guys, the water is STILL cloudy! I heard there was a liquid that clumps the sand together, but I'm not sure what it's called, can anyone tell me?

The only thing I can think of the "Bio-magnet" stuff that comes with sand usually to make it settle faster, but not sure how well it actually works

Has it cleared up at all? How long has this tank been up? What's the stock?

It hasn't cleared up very much. The only thing that's inside is sand and water and it's been like 3 days. Today I replaced ALL of the water like 4 times and it did nothing. I washed the sand (aragonite sand and crushed coral) before putting it inside but apparently not very well.

It's only been a few days. give it more time. Maybe even a tad more since you might have stirred it up more

Changing water will only stir it up more

Are you pointing your powerheads at the sand or something? It'll never clear up if that's the case. If the powerheads are too strong, even if pointed up and towards an opposite corner it could still cause this problem.

The power heads aren't very strong. I have 2 and they're pointed towards the top. These are rated for 55g tanks lol. Might return them and get the right ones.

Wash your sand better next time. I used cotton make up pads in front of my filter and it cleared it up within 2 hours.

Back
Top Bottom