How do i increse water flow?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reefmaster

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey, i was wondering how i can increase water flow becasue my chromis keep on surface gulping. I have a backpack skimmer, with a powerhead. The surface seems to have alot of water movement.

well, i have no cover, its a hood thing that has 2 daylight 75 wat and 2 actinic 75 wat. my tank is 29 gal, and i have a canister filter. my PH is 8.2 and my tank that been running for about 2 months

How are your other water parameters, ammonia, nitrite, nitrate,temp, etc? You generally want to shoot for at least 10x water flow or 290 gallons per hour in your case.

Wow, except for some slight Nitrate increases, I have a flow of approximately 1200 GPH in a 110 gallon, and they still surface gulp as well.

Could it be stress from other animals?

i also hav the cpr bak pak and what hapend with my long tank was that it would cycle the water well on half of it and the other halv would have very slow water movement. i had to introduce two power heads to get the water moving to the rest of the tank.

As phases siad, you want to shoot for 10x the tank size. One Maxijet 1200 would cover you for around $20.00.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom