how do i make my 75g saltwater capable

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

classklown90

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a 75 gallon freshwater aquarium that i plan on making saltwater someday soon. my only concern is how do i make it saltwater capable? i do not want to drill the tank so what are my other options? i also have a 20 gallon tank that i could maybe use as a sump(i have no idea ho that works either lol). thanks for the help

all you need to make it capable for salt water is to add salt to the water. sumps, skimmers, and such are just added measures to make your life easier.

with that skimmer and lets say about 80-100lbs of live rock, how often and large would the water changes need to be?

that would depend on the bio load and your feeding. i would be very comfortable with bi-weekly 15% changes, but again, it depends.
you are talking salt water, not reef, correct?

corals need much better water than fish for the most part. i would do 20% weekly water changes with a reef grade salt, to keep good water parameters and also replenish trace elements and calcium, and you should be fine.

Back
Top Bottom