How do I remove particals in water.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reefbound

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just like the title says...How? I have two emporer 400's and a coralife superskimmer and still have numerous particals floating in the water. I do biweekly changes and even after that there still there.

Diatom Filter or a UV Sterlizer. I have used both and I think a UV works better and quicker.

Usually excess DOC is caused also from overfeeding flake/frozen. I also agree that GAC is the easiest/fastest way to clear up a tank.

I noticed you don’t have any info in your button which you can add my going to your settings page.

What is your current stock list and what/how often do you feed?

tecwzrd said:
Usually excess DOC is caused also from overfeeding flake/frozen. I also agree that GAC is the easiest/fastest way to clear up a tank.

I noticed you don’t have any info in your button which you can add my going to your settings page.

What is your current stock list and what/how often do you feed?

Click my info button...its all updated now. I thought the info was there,I put it there last week...maybe I forgot to hit the update button...

Looks great :D Lovin the "10 gallon pod factory" :lol:

Do you have ph aimed towards the surface also?

no I dont, the two Emperor 400's are doing a great job on the surface. I also forgot to add the SQWD wavemaker w/ a Mag 1200 there,with the three the surface is really turbulant. With that pod factory I was feeding DT's but I ran out three weeks ago so I tried to add some Microvert food from Kent and WOW what a difference...

You were feeding DT's Oyster eggs? Is the Kent better or worse as far as pod production? Has the Microvert added to the DOC floating on the top?

tecwzrd said:
You were feeding DT's Oyster eggs? Is the Kent better or worse as far as pod production? Has the Microvert added to the DOC floating on the top?

No,not oyster eggs, DT's phytoplankton, and the results are far superior... I dont think its adding to the added floaters because I dont add the recommended dose to the main...but in the 10 gal pod factory I put enough in to cloud the water and then wait for them to clean house and then I add more before the water completely clears... So to answer your question IMO the microvert is far better than the phytoplankton... IMO.

just my 2 cents but if u have alot of particals in the water then ur PS isnt doing a good job....
I saved and went right for a good PS and havent had any issues....ad now that i have the correct size pump....wow...its doin an amazing job
I wouldnt waist my time with that other stuff....maybe filter floss can help but u ahve to change it out at least once every 2-3 weeks

look at u PS....thats waht they are for...removing crap fro the water

reefbound said:
to answer your question IMO the microvert is far better than the phytoplankton... IMO.
Thanks reefbound, I’ve been feeding the phytoplankton but will get some microvert to try it out :D

As for your skimmer (Coralife superskimmer 65 model) I use the same model on my 55 gal and have been pretty happy with it. There are plenty of better skimmers for a 75 but IMO with that and the amount of water movement you have your excess DOC should minimize soon.

Are you getting good skimmate from your CSS?

[quote="tecwzrd
Are you getting good skimmate from your CSS?[/quote]

Actually, I get clear skim,maybe a little tint but not much... Maybe the bio load is to small? Its been like that since September when I set this tank up... And before someone says its not working it must be because everything is doing well and no losses and the water quality is outstanding except for those floaters...Every once in a while I will get a green tea color but thats it...

Back
Top Bottom