Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-04-2006, 07:41 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

How do I remove particals in water.

Just like the title says...How? I have two emporer 400's and a coralife superskimmer and still have numerous particals floating in the water. I do biweekly changes and even after that there still there.

Old 04-04-2006, 08:54 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

Diatom Filter or a UV Sterlizer. I have used both and I think a UV works better and quicker.

125g~Zoanthid dominated~SPS~LPS~T. crocea~S. haddoni~2xSaddleback Clowns~Hippo, Kole, Achilles Tang~Leopard Wrasse~Flame Angel~Purple Firefish~Gobies~Chromis~3xCleaner Shrimp~2xHarlequin Shrimp~Pistol Shrimp
AquaReefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 11:47 AM   #3
steve-s

Carbon... quick, easy, cheap.

Cheers
Steve
Old 04-05-2006, 12:16 PM   #4
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to tecwzrd
Usually excess DOC is caused also from overfeeding flake/frozen. I also agree that GAC is the easiest/fastest way to clear up a tank.

I noticed you don’t have any info in your button which you can add my going to your settings page.

What is your current stock list and what/how often do you feed?
Old 04-05-2006, 03:36 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by tecwzrd
Usually excess DOC is caused also from overfeeding flake/frozen. I also agree that GAC is the easiest/fastest way to clear up a tank.

I noticed you don’t have any info in your button which you can add my going to your settings page.

What is your current stock list and what/how often do you feed?

Click my info button...its all updated now. I thought the info was there,I put it there last week...maybe I forgot to hit the update button...
Old 04-05-2006, 03:40 PM   #6
AA Team Emeritus

Looks great Lovin the "10 gallon pod factory"

Do you have ph aimed towards the surface also?

If you haven't figured it out yet I like to BOLD links :P

Vote for AA at Aqua Rank
tecwzrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 03:48 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Freak

no I dont, the two Emperor 400's are doing a great job on the surface. I also forgot to add the SQWD wavemaker w/ a Mag 1200 there,with the three the surface is really turbulant. With that pod factory I was feeding DT's but I ran out three weeks ago so I tried to add some Microvert food from Kent and WOW what a difference...
Old 04-05-2006, 04:21 PM   #8
AA Team Emeritus

You were feeding DT's Oyster eggs? Is the Kent better or worse as far as pod production? Has the Microvert added to the DOC floating on the top?

If you haven't figured it out yet I like to BOLD links :P

Vote for AA at Aqua Rank
tecwzrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 04:54 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by tecwzrd
You were feeding DT's Oyster eggs? Is the Kent better or worse as far as pod production? Has the Microvert added to the DOC floating on the top?

No,not oyster eggs, DT's phytoplankton, and the results are far superior... I dont think its adding to the added floaters because I dont add the recommended dose to the main...but in the 10 gal pod factory I put enough in to cloud the water and then wait for them to clean house and then I add more before the water completely clears... So to answer your question IMO the microvert is far better than the phytoplankton... IMO.
Old 04-06-2006, 12:33 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to pearsont74 Send a message via Yahoo to pearsont74
just my 2 cents but if u have alot of particals in the water then ur PS isnt doing a good job....
I saved and went right for a good PS and havent had any issues....ad now that i have the correct size pump....wow...its doin an amazing job
I wouldnt waist my time with that other stuff....maybe filter floss can help but u ahve to change it out at least once every 2-3 weeks

look at u PS....thats waht they are for...removing crap fro the water

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com