How do I set this thing up?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yes I would say between bottom of the cup and halfway up is where the water line should be, then you should see bubbles rising up and slowly over the edge once in the aquarium for a little while

you basically want it so its bubbling over, but not so much that the cup has to be emptied every few hours kinda thing...

micro bubbles are common durring the "break in period" It will take some time to get the skimmer adjusted properly. So just keep an eye on it

does anyone have a pic of their skimmer up and running so I can see exactly what you are talking about, with the wter lines etc.

Thanks
Christina

tuwhada said:
does anyone have a pic of their skimmer up and running so I can see exactly what you are talking about, with the wter lines etc.

Thanks
Christina

Go down to your lfs. Odds are they have one running and if the owner is a good businessperson, he/she will be happy to show you how to operate one.

i have that same skimmer and i have to say it really does work well... i was pretty surprised. ill grab a pic for you as soon as i can find my camera.

Here you go here is one of where my bubble line is, right where it starts to get skinny, and one of the froth collected, this is after a couple of days i believe.

PERFECT thank you. We got an air valve to adjust it but it is not a good quality one I just got a better quality air valve so I can get a more accurate amount of air I was getting way too much air (thank goodness I am in a sump).

Hubby says, Thank you Thank you Thank you. the pics are perfect.

Christina

Back
Top Bottom