How do I set this thing up?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tuwhada

Aquarium Advice Activist
My protein skimmer came today. but there are NO instructions, what do I do. Tips, airflow, in definate need of help. I have a pump for it. But I don't know what to do.

Thanks
Christina

What kind of Skimmer and what pieces does it have with it? Some details and pictures will help out a lot.

Don't yell at me it is that cheap jebo one. (I couldn't afford one right now so I got this one as a temporary).

It is just the skimmer and the pump that is it.

Christina

I don't yell at anyone for trying to make there tank better. If you cannot get the best right away, get what you can and budget down the line for the upgrade. I will see if I have a copy of the directions electronically and send them to you.

Thank you so much. Everybody just kept telling me don't skimp on a skimmer but I just ran out of money. I searched online but I could not find anything.

I am doing this as an in sump setup.

What kind of Skimmer and what pieces does it have with it? Some details and pictures will help out a lot.

it is the jebo 2003. There are no loose pieces it is just a single unit and the pump. Let me get some pics up for you

Ok here are the pics

img_189723_0_e9269f55dcf3a8d0f0669c923ec3494b.jpg

img_189723_1_ae4914f7c1951512238af9804f330348.jpg

Hope this helps

It looks like you need to have an air hose connected to the little tube that is vertical out of the connection between the pump and unit. After that it should be ready to go. I have only adjusted these once they were setup, so I am not 100%, but you can always stick it in a nucket and test it out. I do that all the time.

I am sorry I have the air hose. It fell when we took the pic.

Once it is in how do I adjust it and what is the goal of the adjustment. What do we want to accomplish?

Thanks. We have my hospital tank up but nothin in it we will test it out in there.

Christina

I have the jebo hang on...the instructions say to adjust the air valve (on the hose) like this: start the skimmer with the valve all the way open, then tighten the valve until the water line is at the base of the collection cup, soon after bubbles should work their way to the top of the tube and over into the cup...if there is no valve it may be designed to run open on that model...keeping the water line there takes some attention especially over the first few weeks...also the hose or valve will occasionally clog and flood water out the top of the unit...fortunately for you, it will be in sump and you'll avoid the wet floors I had... :lol:

great thanks. The air hose came in the box with the pump and there is not valve on it. There is a valve on the pump do I let that run full speed?

Thanks
Christina

I did not get a chance to check it yet, and I have to go to work soon. I don't want to run it with no one home so I will hopeuflly play with it a little tongiht.

I will post later.
Christina

MadManMac said:
I have only adjusted these once they were setup, so I am not 100%, but you can always stick it in a nucket and test it out. I do that all the time.

Where does one buy a nucket?

Bearfan, I am not sure where to buy a nucket, but if you PM me I will tell you where you can put one!

:peace:

j/k

ok I tested it out today. And the air bubbles went up the little cylinder but I don't think I had it running long enough for it to over flow into the pump. I did notice that it was putting out alot of microbubbles. I was advised to add an air valve and adjust the air flow to elimintae the microbubbles and that the bubbles in the cylinder should only go about half way. does this sound right?

Thanks
Christina

MadManMac wrote:
I have only adjusted these once they were setup, so I am not 100%, but you can always stick it in a nucket and test it out. I do that all the time.

Where does one buy a nucket?

I think you just got busted by the AA Spelling Police. LMAO

Back
Top Bottom