Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-08-2006, 09:34 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Like I said, using all Ro/DI water is ideal. However, using a mixture of SW made from both tap and RO/DI water will work for the initial fill. Tap water can and does introduce heavey metals, PO4, TDS and the like into the water. Using a good water conditioner will help with this but not eliminate it. Sometimes you just need to think in terms of "practicallity". Again, when it comes to top-off and PWC its RO/DI all the way.

Old 05-08-2006, 09:44 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

I filled my tank with RO/DI initially. Only took 2 weeks. I think that is what lando is referring to. How long do you have and also if you are buying water it could get expensive for water you are utimately going to ruin with a cycle.

Old 05-08-2006, 09:46 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
I filled my tank with RO/DI initially. Only took 2 weeks. I think that is what lando is referring to.
Old 05-09-2006, 12:39 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Freak

I filled three 30 gallon trash cans from wally mart in two days.. mixed salt and got tank up in three days.

I just put the line in an empty 30 gallon tank before bed... and woke up 8 hrs later to see it 3/4 full. It works.. just dont forget about the rodi unit. I've forgotten about mine twice... had a floor full of water to show for it.

Tags
150 gallon, 50 gallon

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com