How do you "plan" out corals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishN00b83

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I am very new to saltwater, and I'm starting to think about what corals I want to put in the tank. I understand the different levels of aggression, but I'm wondering how to put everything together. I have a fluval edge with some live rock that I'm going to attach everything to, but I dont know how to plan this out. I would like mostly the bright vibrant colored corals (this tank is for my girlfriend and she likes bright colors). I just dont understand how all the different ones get along. Is their some kind of method behind setting this up, or is it really just put them in and see how they settle it out?

A few that I know she would like (and I would like to put in the tank) would be:

Colony Polyp, Mean Green or orange/green
Waving Hand - Blue
Flower Tree Coral - Red / Orange
button polyp
Giant Green Polyp Duncan
Caulastrea Coral candy cane
Blue Cespitularia
Evergreen Starburst Polyp

obviously im not looking to put all these in the tank, i dont think thats close to possible (unless Im wrong), but I think she would like a combination of these, or maybe someone else can suggest some more? I would just like to have some long flow-ie ones with some shorter ones in between (obviously the more vibrant, the better). Anyone have any suggestions here?

Depends on the size tank. there really is no limit, just have to have room between corals and the ability to place them according to their needs. :)

Just do research on everything u want. As long as there is room and they don't emproach on eachother the sky is the limit. Some can multiply like mad ( mushrooms i cant sell them fast enough) Just take into account the needs of them. I almost got a sun polyp b4 I found out u had to hand feed it every other day.
With this hobby you can never research enough

Yeah, you can never read enough on this stuff. How do you know how much space to leave the corals? Would it be something like how far it can reach?

Back
Top Bottom