How does this look??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pearsont74

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Please tell me what you think...my concern is balancing it out between the sump and 10gal tank.
The way the Downdraft PS is made....it is alittle too big for the sump and perfect for this type of setup.

Attachments

• filterflow.jpg
    filterflow.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 165
Your skimmer pump will need to be equivelant to the return pump. If the skimmer pump is too slow the sump will overflow and the skimmer tank will slowly run dry. If the skimmer pump is more than the return than the sump will run dry and the skimmer tank will overflow.

An easy fix would be to get a U tube from an overflow and start it as a siphon tube between the sump and skimmer tank to regulate the water flow. This will only work if the skimmer pump is smaller than the return pump so the siphon can have the draw needed.

Or you can put a valve on your return line....or you can put a split on your return so some water goes back to the tank and run a hose so some water will run back into the sump or 10gal tank.

Yeah I was thinking something like that too...my skimmer has a mag 5 and my return is a mag 9 LOL I think I will try both...a valve and a split to return to the 10gal tank
thanks for the feedback...

Back
Top Bottom