Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-08-2005, 02:47 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to hackteck
my tank depth from top to bottom is 19", what do i do about the brown algae?, its growing on 1 of my powerheads also. at first i thought it was collaline but i took a closer look, and its even growing on 1 of my clams shells and my front glass is growing green algae. i guess it willl go away in time huh?

Old 05-08-2005, 03:03 PM   #12
steve-s

It will indeed go away in time. Nutrient is fueling the algaes and is part and parcel of a new tank. As long as a pure water source is used and foods fed are not high in PO4, you shouldn't have a long term issue.

Cheers
Steve
Old 05-08-2005, 03:06 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to hackteck
you mean pure as in r/o/ d/i water?, i do have 1 of these units but i did however top off with dechlorated tap water friday and saturday i wont be doing that again do you think i should do any water changes?
Old 05-09-2005, 05:30 PM   #14
steve-s

Quote:
Originally Posted by hackteck
you mean pure as in r/o/ d/i water?
Yes

Quote:
i do have 1 of these units but i did however top off with dechlorated tap water friday and saturday i wont be doing that again do you think i should do any water changes?
Water changes will definately reduce nutrients/impurities that cause algae and other issues. The dechlor tap water will not cause any real harm though, just possibley some aggravation.

Cheers
Steve

Tags
nitrates

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com