Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-21-2011, 03:50 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nu-Nu the eel View Post
True, but the bummer part is that when you loose a fish, its at least a 20 dollar loss.
I beg to differ. I'm pretty sure that not every saltwater species would cost you $20 a pop. You can get beautiful damsels on Live Aquaria for $5.

75: blood parrots, featherfin cat, emperor tetras, turquoise rainbowfish, BN plecos, japanese trapdoor; 46: WCMM, gold inca snails, ghost, bamboo & amano shrimp, kuhli loaches, rummynose & ember tetras, endlers, platies, flame gourami, guppies; 16: pygmy, peppered, loxozonus corys, otos, assassins, RCS ... ~ Research PRIOR to purchase.... ~
LyndaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 04:08 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyndaB

I beg to differ. I'm pretty sure that not every saltwater species would cost you $20 a pop. You can get beautiful damsels on Live Aquaria for $5.
Shipping...

Old 12-21-2011, 04:09 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyndaB

Yes i realize that not EVERY saltwater fish costs 20 bucks, but in my opinion the average cost of a fish is 20 dollars.
Old 12-21-2011, 04:14 PM   #24
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crewless
Thats insane o.o i would love a mantis shrimp!!!
Mantis shrimp can't be kept with corals or inverts, but can be kept in a small species tank, which will be cheaper. I would say a ten gallon would be great for one normally sized mantis.
needmorecowbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 04:17 PM   #25
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by needmorecowbell

Mantis shrimp can't be kept with corals or inverts, but can be kept in a small species tank, which will be cheaper. I would say a ten gallon would be great for one normally sized mantis.
Yes definatly, a 10 gallon with a mantis shrimp!! Dont you have to feed them crabs and live food?
Old 12-21-2011, 04:28 PM   #26
Aquarium Advice Addict

Nope, unless you want to. Just feed the strips that you feed eels. I think their clam but I could be wrong.

needmorecowbell is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
salt, salt water, salt water tank, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com