How high do I stack my live rock?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishDaAx

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey everyone. So I have been Aquascaping the last 2 weeks and I finally got it the way I wanted, so I epoxied the rocks into sections that fit together like a puzzle so I have no risk of collapse.... But I just put it all in the tank and now I am thinking it's not high enought!!! :0 :( so I am wondering what is ur takes on how high the rocks should go. I have like 60 more lbs of rock so I can add more but I really wanted a minimalist type tank. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395079968.129846.jpg

Alright maybe I will just wait till I get the sand and water in the tank and see how I feel then. Thanks

I'd say you achieved the minimalist look. You going to run a sump on this system?

Alright maybe I will just wait till I get the sand and water in the tank and see how I feel then. Thanks

Also understand there is always fiddling with the rock in your tank. I set the main look at my tank several years ago. When I add a new coral or something, I do change things around to accommodate it.

Also understand there is always fiddling with the rock in your tank. I set the main look at my tank several years ago. When I add a new coral or something, I do change things around to accommodate it.

Yea I do the same on my other tanks but they are pretty much walls of rocks. So this tank I wanted to make it with more swim throughs and not touching any sides or back wall. I have a problem cleaning my glass in the other 2 tanks cuz of stacking too close to the glass

You may want to get some more LR in the sump, and run an oversized skimmer. The only problem with the minimalist look IMO is a smaller bb population. Scape looks nice though, love all the caves and swim throughs.

You may want to get some more LR in the sump, and run an oversized skimmer. The only problem with the minimalist look IMO is a smaller bb population. Scape looks nice though, love all the caves and swim throughs.

Yea I was thinking the same thing. So I smashed up some of the less attractive rock I had to like 1"-3" pieces and I and going to use the rubble in the sump. I was also thinking of maybe using the rock rubble is a wet/dry filter. Would that work too?

Yea I was thinking the same thing. So I smashed up some of the less attractive rock I had to like 1"-3" pieces and I and going to use the rubble in the sump. I was also thinking of maybe using the rock rubble is a wet/dry filter. Would that work too?

If you use rubble in the sump make sure you move it around a couple times a month and clean in there well. Rubble can trap detritus so just make sure you check it. I have no personal experience with wet dry systems, so I don't really know to much about them

Back
Top Bottom