how is this lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pairenoid

Aquarium Advice Freak
Current USA Nova Extreme 2xT5HO - Saltwater Light Aquarium T-5 HO Light Fixtures
i have a 20 gallon fowlr but i noticed i have 2 different types of coral growing and i feel bad that they are transparent and look very floppy lifeless. Currently I have the hood from petsmart so its 30 inches long with a 24 inch t8 light

ive had it for a little longer than a month, the one coral i can see that only showed itself once was a zooanthid, i believe a feather duster

another one i see looks red with white hairs on it, very hard to describe and cant get a pic for the odd angle its in

im open to any lighting suggestions, as well as just a bulb replacement for my fixture if its viable

budget around 100 hopefully less

I'm very confused...... One is a zoanthid.... But it's a feather duster?? What??? Feather dusters aren't zoas.... They're worms. And dont need light. They filter feed.

ok well then they are worms, i still have a bunch of other things beginning to grow that i cant identify. One of them looks like a flower and I have maybe a dozen on my biggest rock growing in individual spots

ill try to get some but they are way to small to be noticed by my camera i think, i googled it and although it looks similar i cant tell at this stage in growth, most of these look the same to me if they look like a flower

all i see is the leafy part and its not long its short, here is a pic of the feater duster/zooanthid thingy whatever it is
img_2192399_0_bcc73c1896282e9c1f673058b2db6c2f.png

i really want to buy this soon, any input on a good t5 set up for a 20 g long

its 30 inches long and my current one uses a 30 inch hood with 24 inch light bulb

i like a blue tint

also i would prefer something that doesnt allow fish to escape

I would try to get a 4 bulb t5ho on e-bay. You should be able to stay under $100 and get a pretty good light. It should have 2 10000K bulbs and 2 actinic usually. Should give you what you want. I have odysea fixtures. Some people dont like them, but I have been very happy with mine.

Also, the flower looking things look like aptasia to me and you want to kill them before they over run your tank.

ok thanks for the feedback, i just went with the nova xtreme t5ho with 2 bulbs as i read the ones with 4 have poor reflectors and will have high amount of algae

Back
Top Bottom