How is this thing surviving?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

coopaloopa

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Just started my tank 13 days ago. I have a couple corals that came on the live rock (I assumed they would not live through the cycle) that seem to be doing well. So first question is, what kind of coral is this. And the second question is how is it surviving the cycle?

Attachments

• IMAG0078.jpg
    IMAG0078.jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 117
  • IMAG0080.jpg
    IMAG0080.jpg
    230.2 KB · Views: 128
Looks like a gargonian tree to me...that's some very "lively" rock..if you don't kind me asking where did you get it from..online by chance?

The live rock came from a LFS here in South Florida. They said the rock was aquacultured off Tampa Bay. The rock came with all types of stuff, mostly that I can not identify. There are a dozen feather dusters, Brain Coral, that branch coral of some sort, brittle stars, etc.....I am just suprised that the coral in the picture seems to be doing well.

If its a low light gargonian then filter feeding should be enough to keep it alive but obviously supplementing the correct elements/flow/lighting and it should take off...great find by the way

Back
Top Bottom