How long do i wait to add corals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sucio186

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I started my tank 3 weeks ago and has already gone through the cycle. I only have live rock and live sand and thats all. I got my water tested 2 days ago at the LFS and they said my PH was low(7.8) and my salinity was too high(1.028). I just added buffer in two days and it seems to be at 8.2 now. Is it safe to add soft corals now and maybe a few nano fish.

I started my tank 3 weeks ago and has already gone through the cycle. I only have live rock and live sand and thats all. I got my water tested 2 days ago at the LFS and they said my PH was low(7.8) and my salinity was too high(1.028). I just added buffer in two days and it seems to be at 8.2 now. Is it safe to add soft corals now and maybe a few nano fish.

I can't read your numbers. It's coming up with "the cool" icon.

Anyway. I'd wait to things level out. Certain corals can be sensitive to salinity swings.

I say don't rush it and let it level itself out. Slow and steady will win the saltwater race... Actually don't race at all lol.

I can't read your numbers. It's coming up with "the cool" icon.

Anyway. I'd wait to things level out. Certain corals can be sensitive to salinity swings.

I say don't rush it and let it level itself out. Slow and steady will win the saltwater race... Actually don't race at all lol.

PH is now 8.2 and salinity is 1.028. i guess with a water change i can bring the salinity down

Back
Top Bottom