How long til coralline algae growth?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

earlysteven

Aquarium Advice Freak
How long after did it take for your coralline to start spreading I've used the same method a month ago and Ben using purple up for almost three months

Last edited by a moderator:
Coralline will spread as it sees fit. I've seen tanks get covered, if not overwhelmed, by the stuff in a couple months. Mine doesn't see much spread of it at all, where there are a handful of 'spots' growing here and there in my tank after years.
PurpleUp is a money sink that doesn't do anything. Alk and calcium in a bottle...you already put that in with your salt mix and water changes! Keep things nice and stable and it'll grow...as for how fast that is up to it and your tank. Personally, it sure looks nice but I like my tank not being overwhelmed by it and having to clean it off my powerheads monthly. Sometimes even the good stuff can be a weed.

Thank you and yes I know it can be overwhelming but I just love the look of it . Purple up worked for me to a point then stopped lol I have a 150 gallon so I'm sure it will take time.

O I know I do everything natural purple up is the only thing I use :).

Back
Top Bottom