How Many Clean Up Crews?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Choas

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am buying my Clean up Crew slowly. I now have 12 Blue Leg Crabs, 1 Emarld crab, 1 Lawnmower, 1 Cleaner shrimp, 2 pepermints, and 5 Turbos. How much more do I need? What Kind? I do also now have a pistel Shrimp came with the Live Rock.

some brittle stars would be a good idea, the nass snails, cerith snails, astrea snails.

I see that you have a mandarinfish, you might want to buy copepods as well.

Since where on the subject it seems my brittle star never comes out of the rock, Im hoping hes not dead. My lawnmower died they eat alot and may starve thats what i think happened to mine.. Mandarin for a 55gal? I hope you have alot of live rock and pod population they eat alot..

How many Urchines Long Stines should I have? I don't have any of the nassorours snails. About how many of them should I get I have to order them?

I also been noticeing like a red thing growing on my rocks it looks like a red Sheet. Does any on now what it is?

how soon do you add brittle stars to your tank usually?

I dont know if you caught drillsar and what he said about the lawnmower blenny. You might want to catch that thought. Also is this going to be a reef tank. If it is then you`ll have to get rid of Choc. chip star. Not reef friendly.

I feed My Lawnmower ever 4 days Dried algae. I have been noticeing Him eating the Algae that is going on the filters. I have the Choc. Chip in there now I will be getting rid of it soon. He is still small and hang out at the top of the tank. I did notice today A smell. What could that be my skimmer? The Mandrine has been eating the Brine shrimp. I was shocked to see her do that she also goes all over my rocks. How many Brittle Star should I have just one? What about the Orange Star fish are they any good?

Here is my Algae I was asking about.
Algae1.JPG

you can get the narrsious snails online, or your lfs may have them. you can go to liveaquaria.com and look up cleaning crews to fit your needs.

Liveaquaria has cleaning crew packs that are pretty good mix.

My at least this many 2 cents worth:
12-20 more snails (assorted kinds)
10-15 more hermits (Mix of Red Scarlet and zebra)

I dont want to scare you but mandarins are very hungry all the time, They will devour your pod population unless you have alot of Live Rock, Macroalgae and places for your pods to hide.. Mandarins your lucky if they last a yr in a 55gal tank.

Yes but beleive me they will take care of pods quicly they eat all the time..

Back
Top Bottom