How many fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

the_fish_man

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok I am a complete newbie for saltwater. And will hopefully get started in a couple months. But can i fit 2 clownfish 2 snails 1 shrimp and a sea cucumber in a 20 gallon? If you need to know which ones i want to get just ask.
Thanks

The problem isnt the size of the cucamber..its that if the water goes bad the cucamber will release a poison that WILL kill everything in the tank. They are mini atomic bombs

Harmy is correct, and it is unfortunately true of most cucumbers and sea slugs. And if they don't have the toxin, they probably have some other extreme downside or need very specialized care and/or diet. Most of the boring and plain nudi's that you might get with LR are usually OK, but almost anything super colored is a no no.
HTH

I love cucumbers, IMO the right one can be a part of any essential reef tank (within size constraints). Unfortunately I would not put one in your tank though.

I have multiple tigertail cucumbers in my tank and they do a bloody fantastic job.

Back
Top Bottom