How many gallons in a 32 gallon Brute?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryS

Aquarium Advice Activist
Obviously, 32 gallons... I'm guessing! :):)

But the real question: where is the fill line for mixing salt? Is is the "ledge" about 6" down from the rim (top)? If so, how many gallons is that?

Starting the RO/DI unit tonight and hope to be mixing salt sometime tomorrow or Saturday without having to pre-measure water to that Brute fill/mix line.

Thanks!

Last edited:
I generally go to the lower lip and start at 28 gallons worth of salt and then test from there.

I generally go to the lower lip and start at 28 gallons worth of salt and then test from there.

Ok. I did the research :-( and will post the answer for other newbies to save them the leg work and time.

First, using a Lowe's or H Depot 5-gallon bucket (1.25" down from the rim on the Lowe's and 1.5" on the H Depot can), I measured 25 gallons on the Brut.

The top of the ridge (roughly 6" down from the top of trim) is just about 25-gallons. The 6" empty area will enough room for splashing or whatever while mixing salt. I'll be using a mag drive (either 5 or 7) which will also facilitate the water change process.

Hopes this helps someone else.

LOL, I just googled this and the containers the other night LMAO. I've got 1 32 and 2 10's. The tens actually hold 7.5 gallons lower rim. I measured using 2 quart pitchers. I've not done the 32 gal but someone did as shown above. I also read where someone measured to 30 gallons also which was 3" from the top top rim.

hehe...I guessed right then, my water almost always comes in at exactly 1.025 with 28 cups. :-D Go me! lol

Back
Top Bottom