How many gallons per pound of sand do you loose?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cox82

Aquarium Advice Activist
Sorry if this is a repeat guys. I tried the search function, but didn't find the correct information.

I am adding the sand and water this weekend. I'm wondering how many gallons of water you loose with the sand addition so that I can add the right amount of salt.

I have a 33 gallon, I'm adding 33 pounds of sand.

Thanks so much!

There is no gallons to sand ratio, its not like live rock. In fact some people have bare bottom tanks.

Youre' talking about water displacment right? I would start with enough salt for say 28g and then test and adjust from there. Just make sure to let the salt sit for hours or overnight before you add more so that it is all dissolved.

Thanks so much! I am just starting the DT so I have mixed it in the tank, well, I put 1/2 in a bucket and kept refilling and dumping until it was dissolved, so more of less in the DT. I'm adding the sand tomorrow and I'll test it all out then, I'm not adding anything this week, so I'll have the time to play around with the salinity.

Thanks for the fast replies!

Back
Top Bottom