How many led fixtures for a 100 gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zactheninja

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I've already decided in going to use the taotronic dimmable LEDs on my 100 gallon reef, the only question is how many?
I'd rather use 2 fixtures, but I want my tank lit correctly.
Here is a picture of the top of the tank, it's set up as freshwater now, coming down tomorrow :)
If you need anymore info ask me. :eek:

Attachments

• image-283069174.jpg
    image-283069174.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 104
What kinds of corals are you gonna keep? Softies and low light lps I think would be fine with 2 but if you want high light corals id go with 1 every two feet. Is this a 5' tank?

60x 20x 18
I wanna be able to keep it all
Another thing I should add it that the fixture will only be a few inches above the water. So each will have to be dimmed.

Then you won't get much spread. Id run three, one in between each of the braces.

Mrc8858 said:
Then you won't get much spread. Id run three, one in between each of the braces.

That's what I was thinking I would have to do.
I like seccond opinions though. Thanks! :)

Your right Zactheninja,that you will need atleast 2 fixtures on your 100 g tank! there are some light like 55x3,with dimmable,with 3 fans,the colors are blue & white,has a different switch too,that is the type of LED i am using now to my 29g with 90 degrees optic.if you want more spread,you will need 3 atleast coz you tank looked longer.what is the length,width & depth of your tank?

mjcute25 said:
Your right Zactheninja,that you will need atleast 2 fixtures on your 100 g tank! there are some light like 55x3,with dimmable,with 3 fans,the colors are blue & white,has a different switch too,that is the type of LED i am using now to my 29g with 90 degrees optic.if you want more spread,you will need 3 atleast coz you tank looked longer.what is the length,width & depth of your tank?

60x20x18

Tell me what you think.

Back
Top Bottom