How many Powerheads?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

onyx

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm thinking of starting a 29Gal saltwater tank. How many Powerheads should I use for a tank this size? And where should I locate them? It will probably be a FWLR with a sea anemone or 2.

I have three in my 29, but one of them just sits low behind my LR to make sure there are no dead spots. One on a side to wrap around the LR and one pointed up towards the top for exchange.

all depends on your LR set up and the size of the PH .. in my 29 right now im using 2 of the smallest koralia nanos. in my 120 i use the following. 2 koralia mag 4s facing end to end, a Koralia mag 3 facing straight forward off the back center of the tank. also have the largest ehiem classic with the spray bar bothering the surface aswell as the largest pro 2 doing the same. dual phosbans running maxijet 1400s with the outlets blowing towards the center of the tank. seems like i have fair flow everywhere in my tank and no dead spots

I have 2 koralias in front and a maxi jet in back. Should I get another koralia? If so, where should I direct the flow?

i have a koralia evolution 550 in my 26bow front and it does a good job, i'll prob eventually bet a second one once i get my reef fully setup

what is the gph on your two koralias

Back
Top Bottom