How much do you spend maintaining your tank$$$ , monthly?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bawla47

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just wanted to really see what im gettin into, how much do you spend mainting your tank, total monthly? please post what kind of tank you have and size also, and if possible, biggest cost.

THanks in advance, just wanted to see how much buck the avg person spends on there aquarium, i know theres alot of variables, but curious.

Jay D

Well, other than inital costs its pretty low...

Electricity and Water.
Both which vary...

After the intial setup its not really VERY expensive, but im poor....So it kinda is at the same time :? I have a 125gal reef that i just started about 2 months ago. I would say with my setup i spend about $50 a month on electricity and water bill just for my tank setup. Plus if you add in the supplements calcium, alk, salt, food, etc i would say about $15 more for that for about a total of $65.

If you calculate in setup costs with a larger tank, I bet setup costs over 10 years is something like $100 a month or so... than after that something like $55 or so.

Monthly maintenance for my 75 gal reef tank on average is about 20 bucks. Some months maybe a little higher because i have to buy fish foods,etc. I get free RO/DI water from the lfs. So it cuts down on the water bill some what.

You can save by buying in bulk :wink: 5gal buckets of salt not little bags. Big packages of food not the little ones.ect ect.I have a 125 FO and i have not been to the LFS in about 2 months! But i try to make this hobby cheap! I enjoy the tank and fish not giving my money away! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom