How much flow?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carey

Aquarium Advice Addict
So, i'm upgrading my 29g to a 55g. I currently am using two koralia 750's. Will that cut it in the 55g? I'll have a hob 30-60 filter (for now) and a remora skimmer also flowing.

many thanks :)

I don't want any limitations on my coral keeping ability. :) I want them all or at least i want to be able to house them all.
Always better safe than sorry.

Thanks

I got 2x koralia 1050s in my 55g

Sent from my HTC ANDROID INCREDIBLE using Aquarium

yeah if I'd have known then i would have gotten the bigger ones. I just hate to waste the ones I have, I mean, 750 is kinda good isnt it? can I add one to the back or something?

youre in the same boat as me. the way i think is if i want to put soemthing in my tank i don't want to be restricted, which is why i placed two korallia 550s in my 26 gallon and why i want to put a DIY cree led fixture or 4 T5 HOs so i can be able to house SPS corals if i so pleased

So if i decide to add should I go with another 750 or a different one? And what type of trajectory should i aim for?

Thanks guys!

hard to say. it has something to do with coral placement and aesthetics as well. you will know when and where you need more flow as you get used to watching your corals, and get more familiar with their behavior.

Trust me the 2 750's will be plenty. I had a hard time keeping my sand bed in place in my 55 with k3's I ended up haveing to put them very low in the tank so they would flow up. If you want more flow you will have more options with the 2 750's and maybe a 550 than you would with the bigger powerheads.

Back
Top Bottom