How much is live rock in your area?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

X the Outsider

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've been doing some price checking on live rock lately. I've got three options to purchase it from.
Adam's is 7.99 per pound with tonga branch and fiji
Seascapes is 9.00 per pound for fiji, and 11.00 for florida
I talked to one place today that has fiji for 6.99 per pound. I need to go in there tomorrow to check it out.

I was just wondering how much it was in other places.

IMO you have got some high prices

go to LiveRocks.com good quality LR for a good price

c0mf0rt said:
Places here are 3.99 lb. Oregon. Mostly tonga and fiji

WOW! I would like to get about thirty pounds and that's only 120 dollars. Here that would be 210 dollars going with the cheapest store if it looks good.

Yeah I'm taking the stuff with me when I move.... even if I get a good amount of die off.... I'll just use it to cycle the "newly" setup tank...

6-10 dollars in MN, but liverocks.com rock is way better than the stuff they call liverock up here.

You can find it from $5-10 around atlanta. I got all my live rock from a place called Q's fish school in woodstock. I paid roughly $8 a lb for it, but the owner handpicks all the pieces himself and it's by far the best LR I've seen in the ATL area.

$6.50 to $8.00 a pound. Price varies pretty randomly between the four LFSs I go to. Luckily all of the LFS like to round down when weighing the rock :)

$3-$4.50 in san francisco. When I lived in La I could pick it up straight from the distributer at LAX ( which is where most LR and fish/corals first coe into the us) for even cheaper than that. They had "box" prices where it was a pound range per box (like a suprise).

Here in central Texas it's 6$ for fiji or aquacultured and 7.50 for tonga branch.

ma is 8 bucks for crappy crappy fiji... i am definitley buying off of liverocks.com, the stuff ahd no life on it and very lil algea growht... plus its been there for months...wonder why?? but 8 bucks is ridiculous when liverocks.com is like a lil over 6 i think per pound including shipping?? or something like that, and from what ive heard its definitley good rock...i hate massachusetts :evil:

mrpope said:
$3-$4.50 in san francisco. When I lived in La I could pick it up straight from the distributer at LAX ( which is where most LR and fish/corals first coe into the us) for even cheaper than that. They had "box" prices where it was a pound range per box (like a suprise).

mrpope,

Can you tell me about the quality of the rocks u got in those "box" lots and where exactly these ppl are so I can get some rocks for my new 40g tank I'm planning on setting up in the next few weeks? Spending 40-50 bux on the rocks instead of 200+ would really help with my budget.

Thanks.

Also...while looking for prices on tanks...i found this site which has 2 locations in the So Cal region Jeff's exotic fish www.exoticfish.com . They seem to have decent prices on fiji rock and good prices overall.

Back
Top Bottom