How much salt?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GoldieLocks1

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm just about to put salt into my 90 litre tank. Which works out to be about 20 Gal. How much salt do I need. It says 7lb but that just seems too much to me...?

Also does anyone own a Betta Lifespace Nano??

Or can anyone tell me how they have their back chamber arranged? My skimmer seems WAY too loud??

Thank you, any answers are appreciated and really needed!! LOL :)

Its for all my tanks, size has nothing to do with it. To amke one gallon of seawater using instant ocean it still takes 1/2 cup. Not sure how that equates over the pond but thats the measurement I'm go by.
:)

Thank you Carey. I have just put in salt, I will check in the morning the salinty. Which is supposed to be around 1.023-5?

Aww great. Thank you for your help. How have you arranged the back to your nano? Mine seems a bit weird..and nosey! Right now I have heater, uv and pump I think in the right chamber. Nothing in the middle and then skimmer on the left.

Sorry for the over loading ;)

I have the noise on mine as well, sounds like bubbling water lol.

I have nothing in my far right chamber, if I need a heater it would go in there. My center compartment is quite large so I have a media rack and a fuge there and in my last compartment on the left I have just my return pump.

when you added your salt..did you stir it up? or just dump it in?

when you added your salt..did you stir it up? or just dump it in?

I kind of dumped it in...then I stirred it up because it was settling at the bottom. It's all dissolved now. Did I do it wrong? Is there a better method? I haven't had a chance to check the salinity because I am at work. Will post this evening.

You should in the future mix you salt with the water in a bucket and let it dissolve over several hours THEN put that in.
:)

When you add the salt you should mix it in a separate containor from now on, it needs to mix for about a day to completly disolve. Even then depending on the brand there may be stuff that doesn't disolve...

Ohh. Thanks guys. I only put it in like that this time because there is no livestock at all! :) And thank you Carey for your answer about the back chamber. My skimmer started to froth in the end once there was salt in there. I think it just needed something to skim.

Easy enough to fix, just take some water out and out pure unsalted water in. :)

This is why you should also mix in a separate bucket, you can test it before it goes in the tank. :)

Back
Top Bottom