How much sump for tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Verbalkint

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok, the wife supprised me. We didn't get the 55 gal kit, like I thought we were.. Instead, she's letting me get a 75 gal after the 1st of the year.. :)

The eel will like that mucho better than just 55 gal.

Anyway, question is: How much sump for a 75 gallon tank?
I will be building the stand myself, so it'd be nice to know what to use, in order to leave enough room for it.

Thanks.

Dave

I have a 75g and I use a 32 gallon rubbermaid tub! :wink:

It's not pretty but I get more water than I would with a tank or wet/dry underneath because I forced it under my stand by bending, and pushing. :D

The bigger the better.

That's got to be a HUGE tub.. The 18 gal tub that I use for waterchanges wouldn't fit under the current tank.., and that's a 30 gal.. ;-/

*goes back to the drawing board*

Remember now.....I had to push and strain to get it under there. I forced the sides down till I git it under there. :wink:

Hey revhtree,

You got any pictures of your sump? I'd like to see it.

Verbalkint: I don't think there is any hard rule on size. Some will tell you 10% of your aquaium volume, others will tell you more. I would go with the biggest you can fit.

I think my sump is around 20-25 on my 75 gal. I used to use a 20 gal tank that held around 15 gal because it was all I could fit under my tank. My sump is in a different room now.

Back
Top Bottom