I wanted to comment on one persons post about RO
being safe to drink! Let me be clear...it is NOT safe to drink! Deionized water is not safe to drink. Due to the purity of the water and the lack of minerals, DI
is a relatively strong solvent. As such, when ingested, a condition called "osmotic shock" may occur. This condition occurs as a result of the DI
water removing minerals and other elements from the cells in the body more rapidly that the cell walls can stand. The result is ruptured cells and internal bleeding. Though the cases are few and far between, there have been documented cases.