How often do you feed your fish/corals?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishSim

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm curious how many times a day do you feed your fish and corals?

I have a 65 gallon RSM250 with 7 fish (clowns, cardinals, yellow wrasses), 5 shrimp (2 peps, 2 cleaners, 1 fire) and a bunch of zoas, lps (hammers, frogspawn) corals. I feed them pellets in the morning and frozen mysis in the evening.

How often do you feed yours and what is the size of your tank and livestock numbers?

Its pretty standard to feed daily if your tank has no nutrient issues such as increased nitrates. However it is also perfectly safe to feed every other day to help control nitrates; twice a day is too much however.

Me personally, I feed the tank daily switching between frozen mysis and brine shrimp and feed my corals 1 - 2 times a week but I haven't had a single positive nitrate reading in approx 5 months. I have a 20g reef with 2 clowns and a shrimp goby.

i have a 29g reef with a pair of oc clowns, banggai cardinal, orchid dottyback, and yellow tail damsel, a pair of skunk cleaners, hammer coral, torch, duncan, candy cane, and 3 types of zoas, and i feed rods reef food original blend once a day about 6 oclock, i defrost a 1/2" chunk in a shot glass with a spalsh tank water and a touch of garlic they love it.

I have a 20 gallon tank with 4 fish. 2 occelaris clowns, a royal gramma and a flametail blenny. I feed every other day, mostly cause I'm lazy and my fish are to fat already. I switch between new life spectrum, frozen mysis, and new era marine formula. I also provide an algae sheet for my blenny every day. No nitrates in a long time :)

I have never target fed my corals in the 15 yrs I have had my reef. They get all they need from the lighting and water column. I still have my corals from the start by the way.

I've had my reef setup and running for 2 months and I'm doing a 10-12 gallon WC each month. That'd be approximately 20-25% in my 65gallon since the live rock/sand take up volume in my tank. I have a Deltec MEC500 skimmer and I don't get too much skimmate in my cup....I clean it 2 times a week so far. Maybe I'll try feeding once a day and alternate between the pellets and mysis each day? Or should I feed a mixture of both pellets/mysis once a day? I'm totally stressing now! Bad parent!!! :(

I have fed my fish every other day. They will be ok that much. Once a day is ok I guess.

I've had my reef setup and running for 2 months and I'm doing a 10-12 gallon WC each month. That'd be approximately 20-25% in my 65gallon since the live rock/sand take up volume in my tank. I have a Deltec MEC500 skimmer and I don't get too much skimmate in my cup....I clean it 2 times a week so far. Maybe I'll try feeding once a day and alternate between the pellets and mysis each day? Or should I feed a mixture of both pellets/mysis once a day? I'm totally stressing now! Bad parent!!! :(

Unless your getting high nitrates keep doing what your doing.

Back
Top Bottom