How often should I be vaccuming the crushed coral in my tank ??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

milhous3er

Aquarium Advice Freak
How often should I be vaccuming the crushed coral in my tank ?? I do my PWCs on Tuesdays, so thats when I do my vaccuming. Should I be doing this weekley or monthly ??

For those who have CC, how often (if you do) do you vaccum ??

Crushed coral will hold alot of ditritus even when vacuuming ... I would say if you like the look this should be done no less than 1 x a week ... Most folks end up having issues with CC and end up ultmatly ditching it in favor of LS HTH :D

yeah I plan on doing this. removing about 1/4 of the CC at a time. just wondering how it will affect my fish (the cloudiness) and some of my little corals. i'll rinse it pretty good, but im sure it'll still be cloudy.

Run a tandum filter and rinse at regular 30 or 60 minute intervals this should help ... When I had to change out my substrate for diffrent reasons I emptied the tank used a hold bin and placed LR and critters in it ... placed the sand and seeded from another source , scaped and used a pump and tube ran the H20 over the LR and kept out about 3 gallons I topped off with new salt water and redrip acclimated the fish . This took about an afternoon to do , then once the fish were in added a bit more salt water lights out for the day and ran 2 filters rinsing 30-60 minutes and replacing the next day ... We were crystal clear in about 3 hours ... I also have a nano so it made it easier on me ... :D We did have a bit of a diatom bloom but that is normal and did clear for me with in about a month HTH :D

Back
Top Bottom