how soon can i put corals in

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zwiththeach

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My levels been good i have the correct lighting and im going to purchase power heads and a skimmer. its been 5 weeks that my tanks been set up

Your tank is way to young for an anemone. What kind of lighting do you have? t5s? How many bulbs?

Your tank is way to young for an anemone. What kind of lighting do you have? t5s? How many bulbs?

+1 I agree that your tank is way too young for a nem. You might want to look at rehoming it.

A solarmax high output

We need a little information than that. Can you give a link to your fixture? What exactly are your parameters at? Especially Nitrate, Phosphate, Magnesium, Alkalinity, and Calcium.

I know.someone with a tank with a few corals and anenome and theres is close to two years it does perfectly fine. No i dont earlier i.checked no trates or ammonia ph was good

What type of nem and what size of tank do they have?

I ran a similar light fixture over my 20g tank and it wasn't nearly enough to grow anything that was even close to high light corals.

Regardless of the light you are really going to need to keep an eye on the other parameters of your tank.

Your tank is way to ping for corals and especially nems - it's stretching for the light. The reSon why people say wait for an established tank is because inverts cannot tolerate swings in parameters - so test every few days and keep them stable. Particularly salinity. My advice is to re home it too or take it back to the store, low light and no flow = unhappy anemone.

Back
Top Bottom