How soon is too soon???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DOMINATOR

Aquarium Advice Regular
So my tank is only a couple of months old but quite mature.....should I only be adding one fish at a time or can I put a blenny, goby and pistol shrimp at the same time???

Thanks, btw, you know this is all your fault!!! Lol! I'm totally addicted!!!

Lol!! Your absolutely right!!! I can't wait til tonight!!! ;-)

Oh they are perfect. I just wanted to know if that would be increasing the bio load to quickly and would it stress the other tankmates if everyone goes in at the same time.....

i put 4 snails 3 hermit crabs and two clowns when i mine finished cycling, and everythign did well

How long ago was the last time you put fish in? I forgot to ask that question....I'd make sure you have waited about 2 weeks before adding more. Just so the bioload can catch up. :)

Over 100 pounds of live rock half full of coraline and critters

I know mine is quite a bit bigger... but I just added 20 zebra darts, 5 yellow tangs, and 125 snails/hermits and they seem to be doing fine... all parameters are within spec. With a 90g adding 5 small fish shouldn't be a problem.
Although I do recommend that when you are adding a group of fish you use some kind of bacteria. Most company's sell them... Haggen "Cycle" API "Stress Zyme+" and Seachem "Stability"

Thanks, will do.... Just did another test and everything is at zero, nitrate at 5ppm. Should I do another water change or is that as good as it gets??

since adding fish I have not yet done a water change... but my Nitrates are 0... under 40 for FOWLR is accepted but under 10 is recommended for a reef.

woot so there is nothing wrong with my tank stayign at 10ppm nitrates :p i've got to get it lower though i'm not happy with 10ppm its 0 or nothing

do high nitrates help coralline algae? cause I got a BUNCH of that growing all over my glass and ph's....and Ihave no trates...

Back
Top Bottom