how to attach heater to trash can

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kwandrsn

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just bought a heavy duty 32 gallon trash can to mix salt in I was tired of using 5 gallon buckets.

I bought a 200 watt tetra heater
And I guess the flow keeps knocking it loose.

How can I make the heater stay where I want it. I don't want to do any modifications to the trash can.
for example no gluing it to it lol

Nah. You have a pump at the bottom for circulation. It'll do fine.

Ok cool. its going to make water changes so much easier. I could only do about 4 gallons at a time in a 5 gallon bucket.

Ok checked on it. It come off side and the tip of the bottom where the rubber protector is was sticking above surface. Bad right?
I was wondering if I can use a piece of string or something and tie the bottom to my pump. It would have to be something.that would withstand the heat.of the heater

Right now I wedged it between the pump and the trash can I just hope it doesn't melt anything

Probably wont hurt if just the rubber tip was float but yeah tying to the pump should be fine. It should not get hot enough to melt string or plastic.

try a 2 dollar spring clamp they come in plastic just loop the cord and pinch it where you like

take a peice of styofoam and punch a hole in it and stick your heater thru it. It will float and do the job. Thats what I did and it works great.

Back
Top Bottom