How to catch a fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ella_e

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a very naughty clown (bothering my smaller clown) and a very naughty yellow wrase that decided that a few polyps would make a good snack (i know he is getting the flatworms). I need to catch them and I cant. I tried two nets, putting food in a net, and no luck. They hide behind the rocks? I really do not want to move rocks around. Any suggetions?

You could try a fish catcher. It's basically a pop bottle with the top cut off and flip around back into the bottle. Google pop fish catcher and I'm sure you'll find it. Also you could try not feeding them of a couple days. I tried everything with a damsel once in my 125 gal reef with like 200 pounds of live rock. And I ended up having to pull out all the rock and drain the tank down to like 20 gal left it was a long day. Best of luck.

I feed them every 3 days and even starving them for five does not convince them to go into their dreaded blue net

I had the same problem a few weeks back with a fox face rabbit. I've always had to move all my rocks to catch a fish and what a mess it makes. This time I was so pissed because he was tearing my zoos apart. So I went in there with a fillet knife and a net. And I got him in like 5 minutes. I guess he didn't want to get fillet. Lol. If al else fails give it a try.

Best way that worked for me wait till light turns off a few hours later turn em on and they'll float out(at least mine did) and net it.

Ahh thank you. Hopefully they will fall for the trap. I will this tommorow. Currently covering the polyps with a net, which they do not dare go near.

The wrasse hides the whole night and the first three hours after lights on (wierdo) He wont even come out for food in the morning. All other fish are sluggish and him? Missing every single morning. So I do think I will try the fish trap. Thank you!

Still no luck. Wrasse decided he does not want to come out today. The usual behavior of such a naughty fish. Ill starve them 2 more days and then try catching him. Maybe he will finally be hungry enough to fall for the trap!

Back
Top Bottom