How to clean the glass effectively?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msuhaizie

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi.. I want to ask something about effect of making the glass clean.. Am i increase all the params due to clean up all the dirty algae+dust and any the bacteria in my tank? Am i ruin my tank? How to do it effectively? Should i do it at night during all my living things get some rest?

you're not adding anything to your tank so nothing is adjusting, except that the stuff is in the water column (for a short while) instead of on your glass. I do mine during the day becuase i think it stresses them more at night if they cant really tell whats happening and changes are occurring... just me though. the bacteria's primary residence in on your rock, the next is in the sand. whatever is on your glass wont hurt your tank to clean it off.

If you have a reef tank when you clean your tank you are actually feeding the coral. I clean mine once a day, I do have one fish I have to let know that is what is going to happen or it will panic and try to jump out.

Is there any effect if when i clean the glass by using my hand and sponge?

np-no problem.

if its the soap part you dont get, soaps get into the gills of fish and messes with their ability to exchange oxygen.

Back
Top Bottom