How to feed my bubble coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

toddwess

Aquarium Advice Freak
I recently got a bubble coral and was told by the LFS that I needed to feed it with a single brine shrimp pushed between the individual bubbles.

Does this sound right? Can I just dose the liquid plankton?

Thanks,
Todd Wessendorf

xxmoorishmanxx said:
ive never heard of doing that i would use phyto, and your lights to feed it.
Phytoplankton will have no affect for feeding LSP or SPS corals. They are mainly for filter feeding soft corals, dusters and bi-valves. The only way it helps scleractinians is by the secondary result of increasing healthy pod populations. The sweeper tentacles of many corals will get their share of those when they come out to feed at night.

Cheers
Steve

I make a blender mush like others on this site and use it as a general food for fish and corals.

I take an assortment of raw seafood from shrimp, to squid, scallops, fish, seaweed, oysters, etc Mix it up in a blender till you have a consistancey of a nice thick soup.

Put his in a freezer bag and push it out so its like 1/4th in thick. FREEZE and then break off a chunk and thaw out when your ready to feed.

I have a syringe with no needle that I use to target feed corals. Just a squirt above them and around them usually works. You should see them react when the food is detected.

Todd,

When we had our Bubble coral, we just fed it small or diced pieces of any raw seafood - scallops, oysters, krill, etc. If you use larger seafood (scallops, etc.), about a dime-sized piece is good.

Just *gently* tuck into it bubbles. It should stick to it/grasp it. Nightime is a more natural feeding time for these corals.

You'll be surprised at how much, and how quickly, it'll consume the food.

HTH,

Thanks for the advice, everyone. I'm going to give it a shot.

What about a Meat Coral? Does anyone out there have a meat coral? I got one of those, too.

Thx,
Todd

Back
Top Bottom