how to get a new start

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kcandcritters

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello there experienced and avid reef keepers! Iam hoping someone can tell me how to 'trim down' over grown corals and polyps in my little nano and transplant them into a larger reef.
Some of my little polyps are starting to get to big and before I just started plucking them off I wanted to know if there was a correct way so I can save them for replanting. I know when I find a polyp or mushroom in a larger tank 'loose' and floating I take it and stick it on a piece of my live rock with a syringe needle for a week and this works well. I have also been told super glue GEL works for sticking them on objects but I also need to know how to get the pieces off of larger pieces for replanting.
Thanks!
Kc

What corals are you talking about?
Mushrooms are easy. Just cut the cap off and use the pin method(like what u did) or use some kind of netting to hold the shroom cap down. Glue doesn't stick to well on a lot of softies because of the slime coat they produced.

name the corals that you would like to "trim down" and maybe more specific details can be giving.

Back
Top Bottom