how to know when i can add more fish ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Derdy88

Aquarium Advice Regular
how do i know when i can add more fish to my tank. i want to do this right so i dont shock and crash my tank. how long should you wait in between adding fish i have a 36 gal tank and i have my cleanup crew + a skunk shrim and 2 clown ( 1 jumped out and died this morning) so now 1 clown...... how long should i wait or how do i know when i can get another fish. and would i lawnmower blenny "count" since hes a sand siffter? thanks again guys

Sorry to say a Lawnmower blenny is not a sand sifter. They eat micro algea unless you can get it to eat prepared foods.

sorry about that ya its an algae eater i was looking at a sand sifter but then bought a lawnmower blenny this evening. hesd definately not cleaning at the lfs he was under a rock and thats all hes doing in mine hiding under the rock instead of cleaning my green hair algae :) lol

water reading amon. 0 nitrite 0 nitrate 5 and ph 8.2

Make sure you can get him eating frozen foods or when the HA is gone, he can possibly starve.

alright so just feeding my other fish frozen will he still get what makes it to the bottom or do i have to direct feed him

Add a blenny or goby. Plenty to choose from. I'd say you were OK to add a fish. But forget the lawnmower IMO.

BTW, what kinda frozen food u using?

its frozen brine with the greens and what doe you mean by forget the lawnmower... i already have it. i wanted to get a scooter personaly the lawnmower ( not so pretty) lol

It's just that I"ve seen and heard of so many lawnmowers that die after the hair algae is gone.

What's frozen brine with greens btw?

Last edited:
you're not gonna have that many fish in a 36g. If it were me, I'd return the lawnmower and replace it with a bicolor, midas, or forktail of some kind. Those are just my favorites. Plus the lawnmower is a boring color. You're gonna want prettier fish I'll bet.

That food looks pretty good after all since I looked at it. Vitamin and veggie gut loaded.

Here's my forktail. Interested in everything. Curious. Swims out front all the time.

Attachments

• fang blenny.jpg
    fang blenny.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 91
Back
Top Bottom